Monday, February 9, 2009

Finished: The Trumpet of the Swan

My daughter and I enjoyed sitting together and experience the adventures of Louis together. This book made me want to go discover a pond all by myself deep in the woods and develop a friendship with a wild swan! But then, I thought...that may be a little too Thoreau-ish, so perhaps I'll just stick to nature walks and wildlife refuges.

I did, however, just sign up to become a member of the National Audubon Society. I was suckered into it! The free address labels that they sent me had Trumpeter Swans on them, and I get a magazine full of nature photos and a free windbreaker. And it's tax deductible. Ahhh...junk mail. For once, at the right place at the right time.

P.S. For those concerned: I am aware that this society is a little, well, not exactly where I am on the political spectrum. I think I'm ok with that.

The Trumpet of the Swan, E.B. White

2 comments:

  1. LOL....

    I was enticed by your advertisement for the Audubon membership.

    So I googled: audubon society "free windbreaker"

    Go ahead, I dare you... see what prominent website pops up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Wow. I'm surprised that it pulled up such a provocative website. I may not have posted that if I would have known.

    ReplyDelete