Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Discipline of Desire

It took 2 weeks, Phil, but it just clicked for me.

"It" is this: the discipline of desire.

When I say discipline, I am speaking NOT of punishment, but of accustoming to regular and systematic action; to bring under control so as to act systematically.

And so, the desire for God results in a disciplined life. If I desire God, I get in the Word, I go to church, I fellowship with His people.

"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteouness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." Psalm 37:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment