Monday, January 19, 2009

A Kind Word

While preparing for a Sunday School lesson, I came across this verse: When his brothers saw that their father loved him more than any of them, they hated him and could not speak a kind word to him. (Genesis 37:4) This, of course, is referencing Joseph. While I may be able to justify the brothers' anger (after all, Joseph seems to have been a bit, well, shall we say, braggy?), I cannot get past the environment that Joseph lived in. His brothers could not speak a kind word to him.

This text urges me to check my voice, my speech, my attitude in my household. Am I being kind? Will my children grow up and reflect that "not a kind word was said"? May it not be!

"Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle, be patient, bearing with one another in love." Ephesians 4:1b-2

1 comment:

  1. I think I will have to work on shortening my thoughts in order to produce them publicly, daily and succinctly. Thank you for posting your short, encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete