Thursday, March 12, 2009

Oaks of Righteousness

"They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor." Isaiah 61:3b

The oaks of righteousness describe the brokenhearted that Christ has bound up, the captives to whom he has proclaimed freedom, the ones who mourned that he comforted, those that were grieving that he provided for, those upon whom he has bestowed a crown of beauty and annointed with the oil of gladness, and those for whom he lifted the spirit of despair and put in its place a garment of praise.

And when you find yourself in that, know that God has done it for the display of His splendor.

2 comments:

  1. HEY! COME ON BACK OVER TO GLADYS TELLS ALL YOU WON! YOU ARE A WEENER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad thinks that Al and I should write a book together. I have no idea what Al writes about since I've never read anything of his. But your style, insight and brevity make me think maybe you and I should write a book together. I'll write the chapters and you can write the pithy, insightful quotes before each chapter. :)
    Joking aside - thanks again for your posts. They are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete