Friday, November 4, 2011

Finished: Growing Up Amish

Growing Up Amish relates in a very real and readable way the author's wrestling with direction and future in his life, his struggles with the Amish church, and his eventual decision to leave the church and cling to Christ. Perhaps it is because I know Ira on the other side of Amish-ness that drew me to the book to begin with...but he writes with such eloquence and candor that it was almost as though it was not the Ira I knew. But then again, much of what he wrote was about the old Ira - not the new creation.

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Growing Up Amish, Ira Wagler, 2011

2 comments:

  1. I just picked this up from the library today because I'd had it on request. You know Ira? Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He went to law school with AG and was active in the Christian Legal Society, which met at our house at times, and went to our church!

    ReplyDelete